Friday, November 05, 2004

Ceylon tea makes my day

Last year, my mum and bro went to Sri Lanka for a holiday while I stayed home to take care of business. They came back with one big bag of tea- in various boxes, different flavours, canisters and even minature box-sets.

What! No sari cloth, not even Indian trinkets for me. I was miffed. I had only tea, nothing but tea and more tea. Really, there was a glut of ceylon tea at home for months.

One morning, I woke up to make a cuppa tea with the usual Boh teabags and discovered there weren't any Boh teabags but boxes and boxes of ceylon teabags in the pantry cupboard. So, with much reluctance, I made my first cup of ceylon tea. And to my surprise, it was good!


Yes, it was not only good but excellent. Never had tea that tasted so good before. It was smooth with a gentle flowery fragrance to it. And best of all, it didn't leave that slight rusty aftertaste in my mouth. Yep, I was an instant ceylon tea convert. No more Boh Cameronian tea for me.

Pretty soon, I finished the supply of ceylon tea. And since, I've been hunting high and low for this particular ceylon tea - Mlesna.

I looked and searched. Everywhere. At every supermarket aisle, even went to sundry shops at Brickfields where Indian shop assistants gave me strange looks.


It has been months since my last cup of Mlesna tea. And I still haven't given up on getting a box of Mlesna tea in M'sia.

Last month, I emailed the Mlesna office in Sri Lanka and they gave me the email of a certain Dr. P of Brinchang, Cameron Highlands. Dr. P emailed back and told me - yes, we have Mlesna tea and you can get them at our shop at Cameron Highlands. Soon, you can get them at Sogo, KL. Maybe we can parcel them to you. So, I emailed back asking how much does it cost to send them to KL? I'm obviously not going to drive 2-3 hours up to Cameron Highlands for a box of teabags!

But Dr. P has not replied.

Sigh.

Here I am, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for Sogo to stock Mlesna tea.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr Miyagi said...

I shall look out for that too.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Oh, yes. Let me know when you spot Mlesna tea in Spore :D

1:38 PM  
Blogger Serra said...

Hi, just came across your post. I am Kim from YourTeaPlace.com. We are the Official Mlesna online store and we ship out of Singapore to anywhere in the world. I hope you have found your favourite Mlesna tea, but if you haven't, you are invited to visit http://www.yourteaplace.com to view our online catalog.

Shipping to Malaysia is relatively inexpensive. View Our shipping rates to Malaysia here

We hope to be of service to you.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home