Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Francophonie week

It's the French Film Festival week!

Both GSC cinemas in the Klang Valley are screening seven wonderful french films. I went a little crazy last Sunday. Watched two films in a row- La Science des Reves and La Mome and they were both brilliant! Loved the eccentric bizarre story of La Science des Reves and the heart-wrenching tragic life story of the legendary French diva, Edith Piaf in La Mome.


And that's not all, for the past two days I've been sneaking off in the afternoons to catch a French film. Both were hilariously funny - Fauteuils D'Orchestre and Mon Meilleur Ami.

Ooh la la, I just love love love French films.

Today, I went to the Alliance Francaise to return long-overdue French books but unfortunately the library was temporarily closed. So I headed to the Gourmandines Restaurant there for lunch.

I was greeted by the French restaurant manager and because I replied in French, he proceeded to take my order 'en francais'. The waiter-customer order-taking 'en francais' sailed smoothly until I was stumped as how to ask him what juice flavour he has. I merely stared blankly at him for a few seconds until he prompted, "Orange? Carrot? Apple?" and then it all came back to me, "Quel jus de fruits avez-vous, s'il vous plait?"

Gee, the last time I spoke French was a year ago in France. Mental note to self - Got to enrol in French classes.

Sigh, I still have everyday moments when I catch myself reminiscing of my France trip.

France, tu me manque beaucoup!

* Quel jus de fruits avez-vous, s'il vouz plait? - What fruit juice have you got, please?
* France, tu me manque beaucoup! - I miss you so much, France.
(* Images taken from www.gsc.com.my)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for this! Am (planning)gonna watch 3 of those movies today and then another 2 on Sat.

ooo la la... :-)

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home