Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Overseas cake mission status- Accomplished

I just got back from Thailand. Laine's wedding was a blast - full of laughter, meeting old school/uni friends, getting to know her family members, delicious finger food, endless round of yummy cocktails and flirting with nice looking men (Mr. J couldn't come).

I was so honoured to be Laine's official wedding cake designer. Yeah, I did the unthinkable- lugged 10kgs of baking tools and ingredients all the way to Thailand to perform the mammoth task of baking a 3-tiered wedding cake from scratch. It was sheer madness as I was working round the clock for 3 days before the wedding- baking, icing and assembling the wedding cake.

After the wedding, I was dead tired that I booked myself for those wonderful Thai body massage. Highly recommended - icy cool aloe vera full-body massage which was so relaxing and orgasmic.

Some memorable moments from Laine's wedding:
* Gucci in disguise

Some snooty tai-tai from Hong Kong commented on my new pair of bronze peep-toe heels as I took my heels from the shoe rack to wear them to the poolside.

" Oh, that's a lovely pair of shoes. Is that Gucci?" (said in posh Brit accent)
" Oh, no. It's VINCCI."

I guessed she must have caught a glimpse of my VINCCI shoe label and assumed it was Gucci.

* My first cigar puff
Laine's dad and father-in-law were happily puffing away on Cuban cigars near the bar when I sauntered to the bar for another drink. They were both kind enough to offer me a puff when I asked how does it taste. My god. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever smoked. Vomit immediately came up to my mouth that I had to dash off to the bathroom.

* Champagne is highly overrated.
I wonder what's the fuss over champers, really. They tasted quite bland. Give me a fruity sparkling pink ros
é anytime. Very dissapointed with my first sip of champagne.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you are going really well with your cake business! Well we get to see a photo of the wedding cake?

9:34 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Check out my latest post. But no photos of the actual wedding cake as I had one too many of those yummy cocktails on the wedding night.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home