Monday, November 08, 2004

In a cupcake trance

Most women I know enter this sudden trance of shoe shopping mania, at times. Any shoe shop with magic word SALE will have these women in a mad flurry of shoe shopping.

Hmm, I like shoes, yes. I have a collection of each- strappy heels, sling back, ballet flat, sequined sandal and New Balance trainers. But shoes don't cry out Buy me! Buy me! whenever I walk past them. I have this rule - buy a new pair when the old pair has been worn to death. I'm definitely not shoe-mad. Although, I think Jimmy Choos and Manolos are to die for.

Last weekend, I went to KLCC to use the Times Bookstore Birthday Voucher. But found nothing interesting at Times. I must admit the selection of books at Kino is vastly better. And I got these two books from Kino- Fairy Cakes and Little Cafe Cakes. Couldn't resist the beautiful photos. The little cakes look just perfect!

Yes, I love cakes, especially petite ones like cupcakes. Hence, the blogname. Cupcakes (or any small cakes) are dainty, pretty, easy to bake and decorate. They are very special. I know because I've seen how people eyes lit up whenever I bake them cupcakes - they are like whimsical presents. And I simply can't get enough of cookbooks on cupcakes or little cakes.


Fairy Cakes by Joanna Farrow
Loads of pretty cupcakes here.



Little Cafe Cakes by Julie Le Clerc
Very elegant little cakes. Recipes look interesting. Can't wait to try.

Next on my shopping list.


Artful Cupcake- Marianne Miller
Loads of decorating ideas for cupcakes.


Little Cakes by Susan Waggoner
Has interesting vintage recipes like 'Silver Cake'.

3 Comments:

Blogger JellyGirl said...

Those cupcakes look too precious to eat!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes. I agree with you. Methinks they are like precious little gems.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Yep, they're so pretty, like precious little gems. Too good to be eaten.. :P

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home