Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Guinness magic

It's been raining every night for the past week. It gets frigidly chilly in the middle of the night with the unusually big drop of temperature in this hot tropical weather.

Mr. J and I have been fighting this tug-of-blanket-war every night for the past week, resulting in me waking up in a sulking bad mood the next morning. And him leaving for work slightly miffed because we didn't have our daily morning banter-teasing-chatter.

Yesterday evening, I texted him to get me a large bottle of Guinness Stout before leaving his workplace at KLCC. He like all mere males, texted back < Whr to get them? In Menara Maxis?>

< Get them frm Cold Storage - opp KFC, next 2 Burger King >

< Oops, sorry. Forgot abt that ;) >

Last night, I slowly savoured the dark creamy stout while reminiscing of my late Ah Kung who drank his prequisite Guinness every Friday night while listening to Ella Fitzgerald jazz records.

And sure enough the pint of Guinness worked like a charm, warming my body and making me sleepy to slowly doze off. Last night, I slept like an angel and didn't grumble in my sleep when Mr. J tugged the blanket off me. And best of all, I woke up with him snuggled tightly to me.

*Ah Kung means grandfather in cantonese

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home