Monday, June 27, 2005

The real deal

My little world of happiness and contentment was turned upside-down after meeting Mr. J. last friday.

Over the weekend, I did much contemplating which includes long hours of journalling, walks and a manic session of spring-cleaning.

Today, I realised the one big reason why I've been so adamant in keeping my chastity "millenium virgin" status. No, it has nothing to do with Mr. J. or Rob.

I'd forgotten that I made a vow to myself, years ago, that the next man whom I give myself physically is the One. The real deal. As simple as that.

7 Comments:

Blogger anjali* said...

Good for you :-)

6:22 PM  
Blogger atelierz said...

You have determination. =)

5:18 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Thanks. I wish other women would do the same. It'd make men appreciate and respect us more.

4:50 PM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Am doing it. So the 'lucky' one has lots of cobwebs to clear.
Bwahahahaa. :-)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cupcake Queen,
i came across your blog and was jus reading it. and it jus prompted me to leave you a message. its really great to know im not the only 'silly' woman out there waiting for the guy to call. like you, i have a lunch time friend. we only meet for lunches and clubbing. we both know we like each other enough but the problem is, he has a gf who doesnt know he is cheating. and im tired of waiting too...

5:16 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Dear Anonymous,

It's not a good idea to wait for the guy to call. Men are such dense creatures, you know. Make lunch outings an innocent "catching up with a guy friend" session.

If he's taken or married, know where you stand. No woman ever wins by being the "other" woman. And of course, good things comes to those who wait.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have tired to be 'just friends' but things seem to always take a differnt turn..I know all the right things i shld do and have to do but i do not have the determination now. Patience is running low so its a matter of time i take a step back to say enough is enough. I even get tired of whining abt it to my friends already..but thank you. good luck with Mr. J.

p/s: mine is a J too.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home