Friday, May 13, 2005

Hansem Rob = Dilemma

I met a hansem fella. His name is Rob and he called me unexpectedly one day last month. Some kaypoh auntie gave him my number and told him that I'm very single and a perfect wife-material girl.

Ah well, with my changed attitude to unexpected phone calls from strange men, I decided to meet him for dinner. Yep, I spoke to him in my sweetest voice and even added a little girly giggle before I said goodbye. We arranged to meet for dinner at Asian Heritage Row last Friday night.

He sounded like a friendly, easy-going kind of guy over the phone. And he has a nice voice. Not too deep, not squeaky high, not breathy- just right.

I was looking forward to meeting Rob although I had no idea what he looked like. So, I reminded myself to be open to all possibilities that night.

If he's shorter than me; he'd have to look up to me.
If he's too fat; he'd lag behind me as I walk fast.
If he's too thin; he'd be hidden by my physique.
If he has bad teeth; he'd cover his mouth in shame as I take extremely good care of my pearly whites.
If he chain-smokes; never mind, I can have my Cartier cigs fix.
If he drinks; even better, I can indulge in Bloody Marys and Lychee Martinis.

With much anticipation and some nerve-wrecking moments, I lugged my work along. Yep, at least, in the worst-case scenario, I could still market my work and build contacts through him. And it'd be a business dinner instead. Really, my work was my buffer for that blind date.

Well, my blind date dinner went off amazingly well. Rob was good company. He was as easy-going and friendly as he'd sounded over the phone. And good-looking, too! Oh, oh, he has a nice boyish smile, nice teeth, nice shoulders and hands. He has almost the same personality as Mr. J. He seemed keen as he has called me out to lunch and coffee since last week. And we never fail to have a good time- chatting, exchanging stories and laughing.

BUT.

He's a good four years younger than me and still in his 20s.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good date anyway. Thatz hard to come by these days.
Chill, sister :-)

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home