Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Maybe

One of my favourite place to work and to meet clients is Coffee Club Express, upstairs Kinokuniya. I like it there because it's quiet, airy and spacious. And it's the best-kept secret in KLCC.

Last week, I was all prepped for a good 3 hours of work at my favourite coffee jaunt. But I didn't do a single bloody thing. I spent the next hour or so, peering down to the kid's section and watch young mothers reading to their toddlers. Suddenly, I was hit with this huge, inexplicable maternal yearning to have one of my own. A tiny little boy/girl replica of me and my future hubby, with tiny little fists, chubby cheeks and the most adorable smile. All the longing and fantasizing eventually led to the image of Mr. J carrying a baby lovingly in his arms.

Everytime, Mr. J and I spend time together, I find myself wondering what he'd be like as a father. And we have had conversations of marriage and kids. Nothing serious. Just an easy conversation on the two topics which both of us find ourselves constantly being surrounded with. I keep seeing him as the father of my children. And I see myself having his children. I so badly wanted to tell him that. But we're still in the midst of getting to know each other and treating each other respectfully as friends.

Have I finally met the one for real?

4 Comments:

Blogger atelierz said...

Don't rush yea? Get to know him well first. That's very important! =)

10:41 PM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Whoa...this sounds serious, gurl!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Yep, never felt this maternal longing before. For once, it felt so right to see my future with a man.

4:20 PM  
Blogger anjali* said...

And I would always trust a woman's intuition. Good for you. But take it slow...if he's yours, he's yours. ;)

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home