Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Midnite assurance

Lately, in the middle of the night, I've been having mini anxiety attacks.

How am I going to survive 2 weeks in France, all alone by myself? Good lordy, what have I gotten myself into? Better revise my French notes when I wake up tomorrow.

And I'd say a prayer and drift back to sleep.

Last night, I was awoken by an insistent scratching and an elbow prodding my back.

Groggily, I reached for the little jar of Tiger Balm by the bedside table. In the thick of the night, I dabbed Tiger Balm ointment on his arms, neck and a little on his face.

This morning, while brushing my teeth, Mr. J happily strode into the bathroom and gleefully told me of his dream last night, of me kissing him softly (at the exact Tiger Balm spots) all over his body.

All day he walked around with this silly doofus grin. He was such in a dippy happy mood that I didn't let on that it was the Tiger Balm which sparked his sweet dream.

Best to let things be.

2 Comments:

Blogger A cupcake or two said...

don't worry, you'll be fine when you get there. And you have someone to look forward to when you get home as well. Score! :)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Thanks, chickie. :)

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home