Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Backpack or wheelie?

I've booked my plane ticket and hotel accomodation to Paris and Nice.

Now, I'm deliberating if I should get a backpack (of 35L capacity) or a wheeled cabin case. A backpack will instantly classify me a backpacker and I'm no backpacker. It's just that I'd like to move around easily from train stations to hotels as I'm going to travel solo. Not only that, I have heard horror stories of vagrants in Paris distracting you and running off with your luggage.

A wheeled cabin case will only look nice and that's it. Although I may use it for future use, I don't really like cabin cases as they are cumbersome. But a backpack means I probably chuck it in my storeroom for the next indefinite trip.

Which shall I get?

5 Comments:

Blogger A cupcake or two said...

i've lugged around a 'sports bag' luggage in sweden and london for a week and by the end of it, i was praying it could grow some wheels! I never travel without wheels now :)

9:17 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

With a backpack, CONFIRM you will NOT be moving around easily from train station to hotel to bus station to wherever. After a while, it's hell on the shoulders and forget about running after the train.

I vote for the wheelies.

1:53 AM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Get backpack of higher capacity with a detachable day pack. That would ease your shoulders. :-)

Woo! Am excited 4 u...Go read Da Vinci Code book while you're there.

5:42 PM  
Blogger mooiness said...

Wheelies. Get one with 4 wheels that can rotate in any direction, and with an extendable handle bar and a hard outer case.

Agree with the consensus: backpack may allow better security but is hell on my back and shoulders.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Thanks, everyone for the advice. I shall stick to wheelies as dim memories of nursing a backache, while backpacking in Oz, surfaced. No wonder I hadn't used a backpack since.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home