Sunday, May 07, 2006

Barefooting in KLCC

Last friday night, Mr. J and I attended the Boh Cameronian Awards at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.

As we walked into the Mandarin Oriental Hotel lobby, I felt an unusual squelch in my el-cheapo gold strappy evening heels. Suddenly, my left ankle gave way and I hobbled onto Mr. J.

Stop! STOP! Wait! My shoe! No!!

The straps of my left heel completely came apart. There I was, in the swanky Mandarin Oriental Hotel lobby with my shoe undone. Again.

Quickly, I threw away the pair of strappy heels and dashed across to KLCC with Mr. J to find a pair of evening heels. Luckily I was dressed in a Punjabi salwar kameez outfit (the awards theme was 'My Malaysia') and felt most natural to walk barefoot.

Never in my life, have I gotten so much attention. I don't know whether it was me the Chinese girl in a Punjabi outfit or me scurrying around barefoot in KLCC.

Needless to say, I've never gotten better service at all the shops I entered. Almost all the sales assistent were super efficient because they were amused at the sight of me. I mean, how often do you get a barefooted customer walking in, desperately looking for a pair of heels? What's more, someone who is all glammed up for an event? Not only that, a barefooted chinese girl in a Punjabi outfit.

As I traipsed barefoot through KLCC, people around me did doubletakes.

A group of teenaged girls giggled. One old uncle chuckled and his wife turned around bewilderedly searching for her husband's humour trigger. A yuppie corporate chap nudged his colleagues to look at me. A little girl loudly exclaimed, "Mummy! Look, look! She's not wearing shooos..."

Finally, after 20 minutes of the speediest shoe shopping trip in my life, I found a cream pair of heels at Lewre for RM199 that matched my cream Punjabi outfit.

Imagine, even Mr J helped. He selected sexy heels from display shelves and promptly asked sales assistants for a size 4. And all without my asking!

8 Comments:

Blogger anjali* said...

Aaah...so that was you!! ;)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Mr Hobo said...

you shd just go bohemian ..... salwar kameez ... with no shoes ...

12:26 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

anjali- Huh, you saw me? *blush*
mr hobo- Nah, that'd be over-the-top for the event.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Douglas tartan said...

You can buy tartan kilts from Scottish kilt as they are quality kilt providers.
Irish kilt

Gordon tartan

5:10 PM  
Blogger Leather baba said...

Continue Such Kind Of Effort.I Shared Your Post With My Friends Also. scottish cap

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Henderson Tartan said...

Tartan kilts are really amazing and no doubt Scottish kilt is one the leading kilts provider

3:09 AM  
Anonymous Chris Haris said...

I read this blog Great article amazing information thanks for sharing..!

mens utility kilts

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Herren Lederjacke said...

Such a nice post and blog with a yummy name!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home