Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Conversations at Zara

"Hey, you know, this black cap-sleeve top'd look really nice on you. It complements your petite frame. Quick, try this.

"Ooh, this sequin cropped cardi is just perfectly gorgeous. You'd look fab in it.

"Lovely, just lovely, this grey merle cropped cardi. You should try this, really.

"Sorry, I'm not there to help you choose your engagement ring. Yes, it'd be superfun trying sparkly rings together and going 'ooh and ahh' over them while John rolls his eyes and pretends not to notice
. "


And that was my imaginary conversation I had at
Zara today with Laine, my best galpal who lives in Hong Kong. She just got engaged and told me recently that she wished I were by her side to help her choose the ring.


She's the only girl I know who gets so much joy out of shopping that I, too, happily get sucked into buying clothes that I already have, only from different labels or outlets.

Without my shopping buddy around, shopping is no fun. So I talk to her in my head, sending out my shopping vibes to her in Hong Kong whenever I'm shopping here, in Malaysia.

Miss you lots, babe. I wish so badly I could be in Hong Kong, me your unofficial personal stylist, your shopping buddy, your tai-tai wannabe accomplice.

3 Comments:

Blogger anjali* said...

Hmm...and I thought I was weird. :lol:

5:29 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

We all are. :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger A cupcake or two said...

i know what you mean. i miss my shopping buddies too! shopping alone is no fun and dangerous to the wallet :)

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home