Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bonjour from Nice!

Bonjour, it's my last leg of my France trip. So far, it's been a great learning experience.

Tip 1 - Best to go with the flow to minimise any disappointments or let-downs.
Whatever I've planned to do or hope to see were riddled with hiccups and major disappointments.

Tip 2 - Organise, organise and organise! And keep a sort-of daily routine, - wake-up time, sleeping time, so you won't end up grumpily tired at the next day.

Tip 3 - When tired, don't force oneself to do the real "touristy" sightseeing. I was dead tired on my daytrip to Nimes, that I took the wrong train all the way to Lyon instead of back to my hotel in Avignon. I got on the wrong side of the platform and ended up in the wrong train. Luckily, there were some kind frenchpeople who showed me back to the right train back to Avignon. But I only got back to the hotel at 11pm when I had planned to get back at 7.30pm. Time wasted when you made silly mishaps just because you were dead tired.

Tip 4- Do spend a bit more and take the hop-on tourist bus or train as your feet will thank you for it! Also, it's the breeziest and safest way to see the city. And a great way to snap those gorgeous, scenic shots. Right, now, I'm still nursing massive toe blisters after I stubbornly refused to take the hop-on tourist bus during my week-long stay in Paris.

Tip 5- Tell the bloody persistent frenchman that your hubby is waiting for you at the hotel and wear a ring on your left 4th finger. Or just say, "PODAH!", like I did once. Heheh.

A bientot!

3 Comments:

Blogger anjali* said...

If you can use the word "PODAH" then you can also use these:

o PAI-TIONG - means mad
o PANDII - means pig

:)

5:36 PM  
Blogger A cupcake or two said...

hope you are back safe and sound. photo please!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Anj- thanks. Will use that in the future.

tiff- Thanks, am back but very jet-lagged. Yep, will post them photos.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home