Monday, July 25, 2005

Leave your man at home, please

The Mega Sale is on nationwide!

Although, Paully and I are dead broke, we got sucked into the whole Mega Sale marketing scheme. We have to spend, mah. Contribute to the country's GDP growth now that the ringgit has been unpegged. Heheh.

Last Saturday, we decided to venture to Low Yat Plaza as "Let's shop at the not-usual places" was our theme. Yes, Paully and I have a shopping theme whenever we go shopping as we want to make shopping fun.

On our normal shopping trips, Low Yat Plaza is the last place on our minds, as the place is popular and well-known for IT gadgets. However, the 2nd floor has a row of shops which sell one-off clothing items. I got to know about Low Yat Plaza when I spotted my spend-thrift cousin Suanie wearing pretty but unique tops which she bought from there.

We got some pretty good purchases from Low Yat Plaza. A pair of pretty silver Indian sandals for me. An ethnic-inspired red halter top and multi-coloured skirt from Tibet for Paully. After spending 2 hours at Low Yat Plaza, we headed to MNG at Isetan, Lot 10.

At every sale event, I always see a group of deadly bored men waiting for their girlfriends/wives outside dressing rooms. Why do their girlfriends/wives drag these poor men to go shopping is beyond me. I got annoyed with one guy who refused to budge from the clothing rack at MNG.

Hello! I want to check out clothes. Kindly, move aside. Shoo!

Really, that's why I've never agreed to Mr. J or any of my male friends to go shopping with me. Unless, they want to shop for themselves and need an honest female opinion. Then, I'd be more gladly to go shopping with them. I've accompanied men shopping for suits, ties, work-clothes and jeans. Suit shopping is the best as I see them transform instantly into dashing handsome men in suits.

Gals, men and shopping don't mix. Please don't make a human lamp-post out of your man.

4 Comments:

Blogger JellyGirl said...

I is very intrigued now. Where is this Low Yat Plaza?

10:09 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Behind Sungei Wang Plaza. Do check it out when u come to KL. Tiny shops that are filled with funky tops, bags and shoes. Good place to browse for hours as it's less crowded than SWP.

1:38 PM  
Blogger A cupcake or two said...

oh yes i agree! leave the men at home. and why do they carry their girlfriend's handbags too? hmmm....?

9:21 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Men + Handbags + Boredom + sheer frustration of waiting.

Perhaps the drag queen movement was a result of men venting off their frustration on women for dragging them shopping.

Hmm, I wonder...

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home