Monday, March 13, 2006

Anger is my blessing

The past few weeks have been rather stagnant. Things were moving too slowly and I was getting impatient crawling the snail pace at work and organising my France trip- I haven't even booked my plane tic yet!

Last night, I said a little prayer to the guy upstairs to help me 'sort my life out'. Oh boy, he sure did shake things up.

This morning, I went to my parents' place to collect my mail, only to discover that dimwit of my brother has thrown them away. I was really pissed off as there was an insurance claim letter for damages to my car in a road accident last year. Not only that, Dimwit threw away other insurance bills and bank statements.

Growing up, I've seen how my mother has closed one eye to my brother's inconsiderateness to others countless times. It's the Chinese thing - sons are the revered ones in the family. So, Dimwit can do no wrong in my parents' eyes.

I know better to confront Dimwit as he sure knows he gets away with his shit. What's more, with my mum not admitting to his throwing away my mail this morning. * Sigh *

Ah, well. That means I've got to go to my parent's house every single day to collect my damn mail.

The only good from today's unfortunate event. I'm suddenly rankled to get things done for my France trip and quit veering towards complacency.

Believe it or not, angry spurs me on. It is the fuel that kicks up determination and motivation. Anger is indeed my motivating fuel. Past experiences have taught me to not let anger get the better of me but to harness it positively.

That sure was a swift kick to shake me out of the rut, thanks to the guy upstairs.

Amen.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cik Kek Cawan,

Atas cadangan Cik Anjali, Cik Kek Cawan didapati sesuai sekali untuk menghadiri "kelas kawal panas baran" aka anger management kami. Hubungilah kami di 1-800-MARAH sebelum anda membuat sesuatu yang akan dikesali.

Yang Bertaulat,
Datin Kuat Kawal.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

WHY did he throw them away? Out of malice or just plain stupidity???

2:55 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Datin Kuat Kawal - Tak ape lah. Semau dah tenang s'krang. Walaubagaimanupun, ribuan terima kasih atas pertolongan Datin.

LMD- Both. Unfortunately.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to France?!??? When?

Anyway, just give you some tips from my trip there last year. First things first:

1) You don't need a visa if you're going to stay there for less than 30 days.

2) Get a good travel guide, map and a French phrasebook. You'll get extra special attention if you make the effort to speak French instead of English, although most people in the city will understand you (the basic stuff, that is).

3) Eating in restaurants are VERY expensive. Kebab, street food, bakeries (boulangerie is the name there) and sandwich shops are affordable and they go from anywhere between 3 to 6 euros. If you can, buy everything fresh and cook yourself. (Or if you have friends there, better still).

4) Walking is free. Metros are so-so (but use your phrasebook to 'decipher' labels and etc). Forget the bus. :P

5) Hunt around for the cheapest price. I did that for postcards but it works for everything else for the tourist (eg souvenirs). :p

If you need anymore tips, just ask, ya?

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home