Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Travel dilemma

I've taken the plunge to do the courageous thing. After deliberating (and procrastinating) for years, I've decided to go to France.

Right now, I'm having a little anxiety moment. Should I book my plane ticket first or book hotel reservations? It's a little tricky as summer is a peak season for Paris and I don't know which to book first- plane tic or hotel rerservation?

In the past, my solo travels were always to a country where I've got a friend living there. So accommodation is automatically taken care of. All I need to do is book my plane tic and apply for visa.

This Paris trip is going to be my first real solo trip as I'll be completely alone in a foreign land where I know no one. A little scary but I want to do this as I've been meaning to do this for a long time.

I need feedback, advice and travel tips. But most importantly , please help me to answer my dilemma here - should I book the plane ticket or room reservation first?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can book the flight first. Even though summer is high season, you are still quite far away from it and there should still be ample accommodation available. With regards to accommodation, it is likely that you would be flying direct into CDG from KL and if that it the case, try to book a room that is in the immediate vicinity of Garde Du Norde, so that you can get off the CDG-Paris transfer and walk to the hotel. However, this is contingent that you are confortable navigating using a map and you are not overly weighted down by bags.

9:02 AM  
Blogger A cupcake or two said...

wow, how awesome. good luck with your prep. i haven't been anywhere near those parts of the world so no travel tips from me.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I think people usually book their flights first. There should be plenty of hotels available so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
I would recommend www.virtualtourist.com and www.tripadvisor.com for useful travel tips and recommendations.
Have fun!

10:20 AM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Book tickets first, my dear.
Ooh..Paris was really fun for me. Am sure it will be for you too :)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Thanks, everyone. Now, it made sense to book my plane ticket first, then room reservations. :)

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home