Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Booking a day

I've got a guilty little secret.

I've too many books on my reading lists. And as much as I love to devour books, I'd get distracted from my current read and move on to another book.

It's a neglectful reading habit which I'm guilty of - abandoning my current read and never getting round to finishing any book. Sometimes, I find myself overwhelmed with the growing tower of unread and unfinished books by my bedside.

So, I've decided to assign a different kind of book for each day of the week. Some sort of book theme for each day of the week to feed my need for a different variety of reading.

Monday is travel day because I get the horrible monday blues and yearn to escape from it all.

Tuesday is essay day. I love it how good essays can make me feel grounded with their universal truths that hit home.

Wednesday is classical day because I can't get myself to finish Jane Austen's Emma and Gustave Flaubert's Crime and Punishment.

Thursday is modern fiction day. Anything goes - Nick Hornby, Sophie Kinsella, etc.

Friday is poetry day. I love how words practically leap off the page with visual images.

Saturday is magazine day. Time to read my Oprah, Glamour and Vogue magazines.

Sunday is whatever I fancy day.

Oh, and any book recommendation is most welcomed. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger A cupcake or two said...

i'm currently reading Fashion Babylon by Imogen Edwards-Jones, its in the lines of The Devil Wears Prada so might be good for a Thursday read :). Won't you get confused reading a different book a day? I can hardly do 2 at a time!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

norwegian woods by haruki murakami? i love it

zeb

7:21 PM  
Blogger PiNk_kItt3N said...

"watchers" by dean koontz

cheers~! XD

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home