Monday, August 21, 2006

Old is gold

Look what I found yesterday at Amcorp Mall while nosing around at the flea market there.












Little gems of vintage cookbooks!


Yeah, they smell kind of musty and the slightly yellowed pages have splotches of brown stains. Some even have dog-eared pages. But I simply love the quirky illustrations of the 50s era. They are so cheerful and optimistic!

And the cakes! I love how the cakes are decorated in sweet pastel florals which you rarely see at cakeshops nowadays.

Some recipes crack me up with their funny titles. I couldn't stop giggling in utter delight. Hmm, cook book authors of the yesteryear sure have a whimsical sense of humour.

This is indeed a sure sign to take baby steps to get started on the cake thingy.

2 Comments:

Blogger anjali* said...

Sounds like a damn good buy. :)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Yep, I got them for RM2 per book.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home