Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Secret hideaway in KLCC

After being a hermit for the past few days, this morning I finally dragged my ass to KLCC to get rid of the Times Bookstore (20% +RM3 off) b-day voucher. Finally, I decided on a book + CD on Slam Poetry after contemplating on either getting Jamie Oliver's Happy Days or a foreign language dictionary. Also, I collected a RM50 voucher from L'occitane and got a tube of heavenly scented lavender handcream.

So, there I was at KLCC, feeling mighty happy with my purchases, admist throngs of bewildered out-of-towners and foreign labourers miling about. But strangely, I was in a surreal mood, my feet were two inches off the floor. Hmm, some coffee will keep me grounded.

So, I headed to Coffee Club Express, upstairs Kinokuniya. It's a little, secluded cafe on the same floor as Page One. For that reason, I prefer Coffee Club Express to the omnipresent Starbucks and Coffee Bean. Really, even the coffee at Coffee Club Express tastes better in their bowl-sized cups. You can sip your coffee forever and ever. And the sandwiches are absolutely delish - try the honey mustard chicken ciabatta. The crowd there is unpretentious and unhurried, just the way I like it. I could sit there for an hour or two, enjoying my cuppa and meal, not catching anyone giving me the "Oh, she's so bloody single" pitying look. Believe me, I've had people giving me that "look" on a few occasions. I usually react by staring innocently until the guilty party looks away and stop staring.


Coffee Club Express in Kinokuniya, KLCC is one of my favourite place to lunch solo. I'm happy as a lark there, enjoying my cuppa and a yummy meal, surrounded by books. Absolute bliss!

Birthday gift to myself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home