Monday, September 26, 2005

Precious Sundays

I like my Sundays coz I experiment with a new recipe for lunch, potter around and have a 3-hour CSI marathon on Astro's AXN channel in the afternoon. After watching CSI, I take a nice, leisurely drive to the KL Memorial Library where it's nice, quiet and cool from the air-conditioning.

Once a week, I get to revel in my book geekiness; strolling in and out of every book aisle, checking out the book titles. And the best thing is I have zero expectations in finding the right book that suits my current mood, psychological need and emotional state. Most of the time, I'd end up with books that I'd almost bought in the past but didn't because of the pricey tag. By the end of evening, I leave the library, pleased as a peach, with an armful books which equals to a month's worth of reading.

Mr. J, on the other hand, complains that his Sundays are boring as hell. Ah well, what do you expect? He still hasn't grown out from the clubbing mode and has to recuperate on Sunday. I've been trying very hard to not morph into a nagging girlfriend. So, I've pretty much left him to his clubbing lifestyle while I live my weekends in absolute domestic peace and happiness.

Gals, here're some very important lessons in a relationship:
1. Never go into a relationship expecting to change your man.
2. You gotta do your own thing which feeds you.
3. Being in a relationship doesn't necessarily brings you happiness as quoted by Candace Bushnell, author of Sex & the City.

Anyway, here's some of the great library finds from yesterday:


A collection of essays on why we're all caught up in this modern social condition aptly named status anxiety .


Read the first chapter last night- beautifully written with with a sense of foreboding.



Katharine Graham was the most respected & powerful woman in America's newspaper industry. She rebuilt her late husband's Washington Post paper to become America's most powerful political paper with exclusive reports on the Watergate Scandal, Nixon's downfall and other important American political events. I'm not a fan of American history but am curious about Mrs. Graham who knew nuts about running a newspaper publication which she took over, after her husband's death.

4 Comments:

Blogger anjali* said...

I've read "The Lovely Bones" and "Lucky" by Alice Sebold. Heavenly! Great choice there! :)

7:23 PM  
Blogger JellyGirl said...

I too love visiting libraries and just picking out books I nearly bought in bookstores!

Read the Katherine Graham book not too long and and enjoyed it thoroughly. I liked her candid way of recounting an incident, an of course her entire career was so inspirational!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading books too! :-) I just went to the library and got Elizabeth Berg's "True to Form" and "What We Keep", and Peter Hedge's "An Ocean in Iowa". Hedges is the author of "What's Eating Gilbert Grape". It starts out with a 6-year-old boy asking his mom questions...I always love books from a child's perspective.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Yes, thanks, everyone. Happiness is finding good books.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home