Wednesday, August 31, 2005

What kind of change? Can you tell me?

Much has happened in the past week.

I've made up my mind to buy my own place. Now I have a bigger reason to get those funky plates, 50s retro chinese bowl, teapot, bedsheets, art hangings, etc. for my own space.

I shared a special and intimate night with Mr. J that completely changed the way I feel about myself and him. That night has opened him up emotionally. There's a stronger sense of connection between us. I don't regret my firm decision to wait, for more than 5 years, to have sex with the right man.

I stood up to a client who gave me excuses on why he couldn't pay me 50% downpayment, by holding work ransom until he pay the full sum. Client paid up and treated me the way I want to be treated- with professional respect.

I've prioritised my next paycheque to: 1. Property investment, 2. Travel fund, and 3. Savings (for emergencies & whatnot). No more mindless shopping and retail therapy from now on.

Still, I was overwhelmed with all the changes that happened. I was edgy, stressed out and exhausted by Sunday. So on Monday afternoon, I threw aside work and went for a full-body massage. It was so, so, so good that I was instantly calm, refreshed and back to my normal self.

Somehow, at the back of my mind, I can't help but worry a little. Until I remember a tarot reading which I did a few years back, at Sydney's Paddington Market. The tarot reader was an elderly lady in her 60s with long, crackling, red flaming hair. She had a deep, earthy resonating voice that I immediately trusted and felt secure. She was almost gypsy-like with a red rose in her hair and a black crocheted shawl.

But what striked me most was how accurate her reading was. And it was all about changes in my life then.

I remember asking her, "What kind of change? Can you tell me?"

To which, she assured me, "Don't worry, dear. Change is always good."

Yep, I must remember that.

p.s Selamat Merdeka, Malaysia :D

6 Comments:

Blogger JellyGirl said...

This sounds like the start of a very exciting phase. You'll probably have so much fun decorating your new space! Good on you!

9:48 AM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Sounds like a busy and fulfilling week. That's v good. :)

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I put your blog as one of my choices for Blog Day 2005. I've been following your chronicles with Mr J. Very good writing overall!

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that perhaps I should put a link to my blog for your reference, so here it is.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Thanks everyone. I'm slowly adapting to all the manic changes of last week. Still a little shaky, but coping.

Karen- thanks a million for listing my blog as ur choice for Blog Day. :)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Wow. One whole year and perhaps more.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home