Monday, September 19, 2005

Ain't no more kreteks

Ever since I discovered those damn kreteks, I had a bizarre croaky throat condition that'd suddenly flare up, usually on the day after I puffed a kretek or two.

It's not an ordinary sore throat where your throat feel painfully swollen and your glands get all red and inflamed. Instead, what I'd experienced was a very dry throat and a croaky voice. My voice dipped a pitch lower that people couldn't recognise me over the phone.

Eh, don't bluff lah. You're not Cupcake Queen. You don't sound like her.

Wey, it's me lah. Doesn't your screen say my name and number?

Hold on, lemme check ... Yeah-oh, it's you. Why you sound so old?

Tired of always explaning of my bizarre throat affliction and downing$ copious glasses of water to combat the extreme Siberian throaty dryness, I've decided to quit smoking last week.

Yes, once and for all. No more kreteks. No more Cartier Vendome.

In a ceremonial mode, I burned all my cigarettes and flushed away the ashy remnants down the toilet bowl.

And you know what. My skin has never looked better. I feel a whole lot better. Yes, I sleep better and think clearer.

Sad to say but I gotta say this.

Boys and gals, ladies and gentlemen. Cigarettes are bad for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger anjali* said...

Yay! You've added one more statistic to the success of the awful "Say No to Cigarettes" campaign. Heh.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Tak nak!
Tak nak!
Tak nak!

*wide eyed look with palms pressed on mah mouth*

:P

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home