Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Holiday Plans

I booked myself a plane ticket to the place-which-I-shall-not-name-for-now. And I'm looking forward to the 7-day trip. Even bought myself the Lonely Planet "local" phrasebook. Just so, I can speak the local language and get about on my own.

It's high time I go for a holiday on my own. The last solo holiday I did was in 2002 when I went to visit LY in Sydney. I had a fabulous time exploring Sydney on my own. I even did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb!

I love going to places on my own. You needn't worry about your travelling partner. There's no comprising on what to eat, where to go and what to do. I love going with the flow and trusting my instincts to take me off the beaten track. I follow the pace of the local people there. I listen to local dialects. I savour local delicacies. I buy things at local prices. I observe the local life. And I try very hard not to forget everything I see, smell, hear and touch.

In the meantime, I regretted not getting a Canon IXUS camera during the Mega Sale last month. And I need a travelling sling bag and luggage. Sale or no sale, I shall go get them and bargain them to the sale price.


I'm so excited.

3 Comments:

Blogger A cupcake or two said...

i love travelling by myself too! it makes you more outgoing and open to meeting the locals. Hope you have a good time - wherever you are heading too :)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Thanks for the link, tiff! Shall post pics up when I get back.

Yep, solo travel is good for the mind. It stretches our perspective.

6:25 PM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Ooo...you climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge? I've always wanted to do that.

And yes, travelling on your own is a blissful experience. Have fun and come back and tell us all about it! :-)

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home