Friday, September 09, 2005

The beginnings of a skint life

Ever since I've made the decision to buy my own place, I've been watching my money like a hawk.

Strangely, I enjoy this keeping a tight watch on my wallet whenever I buy something. It feels so good to put aside money for a purpose. Now, I think really hard before I buy anything- Is it a need or a want? And I don't do the mindless shopping anymore.

Today, I needed a hair trim and discovered XCUT hair salon at Midvalley. Ever since my last hairstylist, Moses left for Australia, I haven't found another hairstylist who is as good as him.
Moses, I hope you read this :D

It was a no-frills haircut. RM15 for a 15 minute haircut. I had only wanted a trim to tidy up the ends, and relayer the sides. When the hairstylist asked if I'd wanted to trim the fringe. I told him to leave it as I trim it myself.

"Wah, so geng. You trim your own fringe."

"Hai-lor. I cut it myself," I replied with a smirk on my face. And I'd wanted to add - I could cut my own hair if I only know how to.

In Cantonese
geng = wow, amazing
hai-lor = yes

4 Comments:

Blogger anjali* said...

Let's hope the fringe trim will turn out to be as "geng" as well. Heh.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Of course, I trim it every few weeks. So I have a long enough fringe (about 2-3 inch) to brush it to the side to have a sexy, sweeping fringe. I'm a pro at trimming my own fringe, heh.

10:52 AM  
Blogger JellyGirl said...

Wah I wish I was smart enough to trim my own fringe, then I don't have to bother with going to the hairdresser and wasting money on trims.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

All it takes is practise, practise, practise. ;P

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home