Friday, August 26, 2005

Tapping my nose

This morning, I woke up and felt a light tapping on my nose. Slowly, I opened my eyes and saw Mr. J grinning sheepishly at me.

Good morning, dahling.

Morning... I replied sleepily, with a thick voice.

Stop playing morse code! I wanna sleep some more...

You've got a cute nose, mah.

No, I don't. It's my least-favourite facial feature. My nose is squished, bulby with a rounded tip. Because I have small eyes, my nose looks comparatively larger.

Out of the blue, Mr. J would playfully give my nose one light tap, wherever and whenever. Especially when we're waiting- in the car for the traffic light to turn green and at the pick-up station of Coffee Bean for our coffees. It's his way of displaying affection in public.

Hmmm, actually, I much prefer the playful nose tap than all the hugging & kissing in public.

Perhaps, what those women magazines say is true. Your most ugly feature is your most striking and attracive feature to others. I've always thought my nose to be horribly squished, flat and flared. But Mr. J finds it completely cute.

My lesson for today, "Be happy with the face you have. It's the only face you have".

3 Comments:

Blogger JellyGirl said...

That is just too sweet! And I agree on what you said about your features. I guess we all have such harsh internal mirrors we don't see what other people see.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's cute. Let's just hope the nose tapping won't irritate the hell out of you in days to come. hee.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Oh, yes. He's very sweet and I'm very lucky to have him in my life.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home