Saturday, October 01, 2005

Gearing up

I went bag-mad today. In preparation for my trip to the place-which-I-shall-not-mention-for-now, I bought 3 bags. Two fabric bags from the very talented Rina Matsui's Flowerdrum; which holds a monthly sale at Bangsar Utama.

The minute I walked into Flowerdrum's workshop, I saw a beige sling bag with olive green floral pattern. I just fell in love with the design and the colour- I had to have it although the bag does not have a zip to secure the opening. The only snag about Flowerdrum bags is most bags don't have secure zips or velcros, but the fabrics are just so gorgeous. Besides the sling bag, I bought a funky pink hold-all bag which I don't really need. I'm one for supporting locally grown brands.


The sling bag which I fell in love with


Love the hot pink colour

After purchasing these gorgeous Flowerdrum bags, I drove to KLCC in search for a proper traveling bag. As I checked out the shops there, I had absolutely no idea which brand to buy. I'm so out of touch with the hip-and-so-in-now brands.

As long as the bag fits on my hip just nice and has nifty compartments to store a passport and a million other things when traveling, I'm perfectly happy. So I found myself the perfect sling bag at the Travel Gear shop. It's an unknown brand. Anyone heard of
Eagle Creek? Noooooo. I can hear you all say. But it's just the right size, has cleverly designed compartments, a back pocket and front flap and even pen compartments. All it matters is- I like.

Half-regretted buying a boring black one. This brown with pink zips looks nicer here but black is easier to match. Gotta be practical sometimes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

I like all the bags you bought!

12:49 AM  
Blogger A cupcake or two said...

Bags aside (though i love what you bought!), I'm dying to know where you are heading to ... a hint perhaps???

6:36 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

LMD - thanks,I like them, too!

tiff- the keyword is fragrant. ;)

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, may i knw where u bought e green bag & how much? thx

2:14 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Go to this link - www.flowerdrum-kl.com. It belongs to Rina Matsui. She holds a sale once a month at Bangsar. Sign up to get her email notices. Bought the green slingover for RM48.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home