Monday, October 03, 2005

Zonked out from hypersomnia*

I took a nap yesterday evening at around 5 o'clock, only to wake up at 6 this morning, realising that I've slept a total of 13 hours.

Insane! And I wasn't even tired or anything. I'd only wanted a quick doze to refresh my tired eyes from reading "A Personal History".

My mind hasn't transited from Sunday. This morning, I cheerfully walked out of the house, wondering why my bag felt magically lighter. Only when I'd wanted to make a call, then I realised I had forgotten my handphone and my silver, starry notebook which I scribble important notes.

After 13 hours of sleep, I'm strangely exhausted, lethargic and in a rather foul mood. It was a case of too much sleep. Paradoxically, I feel completely unrested and ungrounded, as if my mind is all over the place. It was a first-hand experience in somnambulance and vertigo. I don't ever want to live through my day like in this dazed, confused and hazy state again.

* Lesson learnt - There's such a thing called hypersomnia; which is a sleep condition opposite of insomnia! Hypersomnia means excessive sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home