Sunday, January 15, 2006

Falling

I received a mass-email from Glenn yesterday, with a link to his Kodakshare webpage. In the email, he wished me (and some other people whom I don't know) a very happy new year.

Two weeks ago, Glenn invited me to his Christmas party at his hometown, Penang. And it was inevitable that I'd have to hitch a 4-hour ride in Mr. J's car to Penang. Not wanting to make things more complicated with Mr. J, I turned down Glenn's offer. I was (and still am) dealing with the breakup.

In Glenn's Kodakshare page, there were photos of the Christmas party which I missed. There was one charming photo of Mr. J cradling this little boy in his arms. The little angel looked around 3 years old. Little angel rested his wee head on Mr. J's shoulders and Mr. J was grinning at the camera.

When I first saw that photo, I smiled. After viewing the rest of the album, I went back to that photo. This time, I noticed tiredness and exhaustion at Mr. J's face. He looked so tired. He had huge, dark underbags. I could instantly tell that his aura was dull and low from the senseless weekly clubbing, drinking and partying. And that troubled me last night.

This morning, I woke up with this huge sad void inside me. And I realise that I'm feeling sad because I didn't feel that tugging of the heart when I saw Mr. J cradling the little boy. I'm sad because I don't miss Mr. J. anymore. I'm sad because he looked so worn out and drained.

I honestly wish I could pick up the phone, right now, and call him. But I don't want to detect weariness concealed by his boistorous laughter. I don't want to see exhaustion behind his boyish grin. I don't want to sense dread behind his updating me on his seemingly happy life.

Seeing him in deep denial with his own reality hurts so bad.

3 Comments:

Blogger anjali* said...

Sometimes the best thing we can do as a friend, is to pray. Hang in there, gurl.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

What does he say when you tell him this (that he's denying his reality)?

5:28 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Thanks, anj. I pray that he comes to his senses.

LMD - noone can shake him out his denial except for himself.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home