Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Arigato Gozaimas

This afternoon, I went to Midvalley Megamall, even though I've sworn off shopping malls for the next 2 weeks. Sigh! Cupcake Queen never keep to her word. She's got birthday/xmas present to buy, you know.

It's for one of my best friend. LY's birthday is at the end of this month. A few months back, while LY was here, on a visit from Hong Kong, she told me she liked my lipstick colour. It's Bobbi Brown Brownie lipstick with Buff lipgloss. I'm hopeless at buying birthday presents and usually won't bother with them unless I know what the birthday person wants. After all, I give cakes and cookies to friends all year round. :P

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter at Jusco. A salesman promptly attended to me and I told him I'd like to get some lipcolour - Brownie lipstick and Buff lipgloss. Then I saw 'Nude' lipgloss and thought for a second, perhaps I should get LY the Nude lipgloss colour instead. And said, "Hmm, what about Nude?" When I uttered the word Nude, I started to laugh. The words Nude and Buff brought images of buff bodies of male bodybuilders to my mind. Oh, how corny!

I was tittering away and the salesman looked at me bewilderedly. Anyway, I was still tickled after making up my mind to get the Buff lipgloss.

The Bobbi Brown salesman handed the two lipsticks to me and said, "Arigato Gozaimas."

Eh? Huh??????

Now, I wonder if I looked Japanese when I giggle or laugh.

Hmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home