Monday, December 13, 2004

Mall ban

I swear I'm not going to any shopping mall or head to KL city until 2005.

This morning, I drove to Jalan Raja Laut, KL to see my lawyer at 10am. And I was stuck in a bloody traffic jam along the Federal Highway heading to Istana. It was unimaginable. The amount of cars, especially out-of-towners heading to KL. Where on earth are these people heading?

I found that out later in the afternoon, when I went to Midvalley Megamall to do the weekly grocery shopping and banking. Normally, it took me 5 minutes to get a parking spot at Midvalley. Today, I circled a few big rounds in the parking lot for 1/2 hour, looking for a spot. Finally, I saw this woman armed with shopping bags and I quickly wind down and asked where her car was. That was the first time, I had to wind down, put on my sweetest smile and ask very nicely- Excuse me. Can you please tell me where your car is? to get a parking spot.

Sigh! The maddening crowd at Midvalley saw me complete the weekly shopping and banking in a record of 15 minutes. The place was packed with people doing christmas shopping and throngs of out-of-towners.

No more!

I'm staying home until Christmas is over, until everyone has cleared their annual leaves, until the school term starts, until all the out-of-towners have gone home.

There.

2 Comments:

Blogger JellyGirl said...

Oops I will be one of those out-of-towners jamming up the malls when I visit KL at the end of the month! :P

4:31 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

What?! Singapore not enough shopping malls, ah? Hmmph... grumble, grumble..

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home