Monday, August 22, 2005

Moving on

My parents have finally decided to sell the house we've been living in for the past 3 decades.

I'm sad at their decision to move as I love this house. It's the house I grew up in -we moved in when I was 5 years old. It's the house where we had countless birthday parties, Christmas parties, CNY gatherings, the whole clan sleeping over. It's filled with good times, good memories, good parties, family gatherings, family stopovers whenever relatives pass by KL on their way to other states.

When we first moved in, I had to stand tiptoe at my bathroom sink and stretch my arms to turn on the tap, just to brush my teeth. Now, I have to lean down to the same sink whenever I wash my face or brush my teeth.

My parents are planning to buy a new house by the lake. And I don't feel right moving into the new house with them. I don't want to abandon this house for another.

Over the past 2 years, I've been contemplating moving out and getting my own apartment. I guess this is the right time for me to get my own place. It's time I live by myself, have my own space where I buy my own furniture, decorate my place however I want, cook my own meals without someone critiquing my cooking all the time.

By getting my own space, I'd be entering a completely different sphere in my life. This is so exciting.

3 Comments:

Blogger anjali* said...

Ooh...this is exciting! Good luck!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Hmmm. Why not stay in your current house when parents move out?

1:13 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

anj - Thanks. Am looking forward to great changes in my life. Not the financial aspect, though.

LMD - Current house is too big for me- corner house with 5 bedrooms.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home