Sunday, October 23, 2005

Post-HK blues

It's tough shifting back to your everyday routine when you had a gloriously wonderful holiday. Since back, I've been dreaming of the delicious dimsum especially chili squid, Yung Kee's roast duck, superbe egg tarts and the many delectable pastries.

Unexpectedly, I'm missing Laine badly. The other night, I dreamt her telling me something very important. I only managed to spend half my holiday with her as she had to leave for a business trip, a few days before my holiday ended. Funny how insignificant so-called friends in KL seem now. Laine will always be the only friend who completely understand me, without ever trying.

My most memorable moments in Hong Kong are those not captured on camera. WHen your camera battery runs out and you do not have a camera to capture images, your perceptory sense are heightened.

Best moments of my trip:

1. Watching towering buildings at Hong Kong Central lit up, one by one, while enjoying the cool sea breeze at Harbour City. It was if Tinkerbell fairy flew from one building to another, lightly touching each building with fairy dust from her magic wand.

2. Marvelling at the amazing array of baking tins and cooking equipment in shops at Shanghai Street, Kowloon.

3. Sunday and Public holidays transform the bustling, cosmopolitan Hong Kong Island into some kind of Maid Land. Goodness, I was alarmed to see the whole of Hong Kong Island swarming with hordes and hordes of maids on practically every street, park, staircase, pavement and walkway during the Chung Yeung festival public holiday on October 12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home