Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Whimsical inspiration

In Macau, I fell in love with this little library. I first saw it when Laine & I rode the bus back to the hotel. It was night and there were people inside the building, reading. The next morning, I told Laine we simply must go search for the little library. But we had no idea where it was. And I could only quietly keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

While traipsing through Macau Square, we decided to have tea which was Portugese egg tarts at the famous Nata Coco's bakery. I tell you, the egg tarts were simply divine. Up till today, I'm still dreaming about them. The pastry was soft, buttery, light and airy and the egg custard simply melts in your mouth. After tea, we walked to the main road to take a cab back to the hotel. Suddenly, Laine exclaimed and pointed frantically,"Oh there it is! Your library!" But alas, it was closed (as it was a Sunday). Still, I was delighted to take photos and walked around and have a closer look at the quaint little library.

Yesterday, I googled and discovered the quaint little library was built in 1958 and is shaped octagonal. I even found a photo which showed an octagon table inside the building.

Imagine a bakery inside this little building. That would be absolutely marvellous! I could have a tall octagon glass display in the middle of the shop where customers could walk round, admiring delicately iced cupcakes, fairy cakes, little-tiered cakes, cookies piled neatly in small pyramids. And by the wall, there'd be little tables for little tea session. It'd be my small whimsical bakery.

Sigh! I can only dream on...

3 Comments:

Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Sounds like a fabulour bakery, right out of a fairy tale!!!

12:19 AM  
Blogger A cupcake or two said...

what a great little moment recap of your trip!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Oh, yes! I still want to go back to Macau & visit the little library.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home