Monday, November 14, 2005

Becoming a permanent recluse

Have you ever felt the need to step out of the world and just live for yourself?

Ever since I came back from Hong Kong, I've been feeling out of sorts with my surroundings. I don't connect with people anymore. I'd get impatient with anyone who indulge in petty gossip. I'm so disconnected with the world around me.

I'm slowly becoming a recluse. I reject companionship from others. I'd much rather stay at home, read for hours and be with myself. I've lost the need to connect with others. I've no need for social invitations, outings, not even a friend's company.

Books are my life, right now. When I'm stuck, I'd open a book and sure enough, there'd be a one-liner that pops up from the page delivering the answer to my problem. When I'm bored, I'd read a poem and feel instant joy from the exquisite way words create images in my mind. A good poetry delights me with its surprising way of looking at ordinary things in the most extraordinary manner.

I don't know how long this reclusion period is going to last. I need to find some answers to my life right now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I moved away from family and friends about two years ago, books and cooking and gardening are all I want to do.
If the phone rings, I even find that as an intrusion of my time and space.
I hope you find what you are looking for. Every time I think I am ready to join the world again, I realize, I still am not ready.
Come back when you are ready, we'll still be here waiting

1:27 AM  
Blogger anjali* said...

I can definitely emphatise with this feeling. Sometimes one can feel more "lonely" amid boring company or crowd vs. to being alone. I get that all the time.
Books and cat makes perfect companion for me ;)

Hang in the, woman...Do what makes you feel good.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home