Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Compulsively cookbook mad

I was utterly bored out of my mind today. And I got myself a cookbook which I really don't need. Yeah, other women impulse-buy clothes, I go buy cookbooks. You see, I was wandering at 1Utama by myself and I had the Times Bookshop Birthday voucher (where I get 20% +RM3 off) in my bag. November is my birthday month. Yes, I'm officially a year older.
For the past 3 years, I've refrained from getting this cookbook. The recipes inside are pretty much what I've in my other baking cookbooks. Let's not forget that I've 18 baking cookbooks.

But the gorgeous photos of the cakes, cookies, breads and pies inside all look so incredibly delicious, elegant, classy and irresistible. I swear Donna Hay has made Modern Classics 2 the most beautiful photos you could possibly find in a baking cookbook.

So today, I was bored and weak will, which doesn't happen on most days. I couldn't fight any resistance. "Tak boleh tahan, already..." Before my rational mind kicks in, I quickly grabbed a copy of 'Modern Classics 2' and marched to the cashier counter and duly paid for it.

Now I have to justify my compulsive purchase by baking recipes from this cookbook. They all look pretty basic and easy to make. I'll let you know how it goes. Watch out for my next baking post. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger anjali* said...

Glad to hear you do still sneak out to join the human race. Happy Belated Birthday, woman!!! Hope it was happy! ;)

12:02 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Happy belated birthday! When I'm bored I... uh, sleep.

6:23 PM  
Blogger JellyGirl said...

Happy Birthday! May you make many tasty eats out of your new book!

I love Donna Hay too! I think I have one of her books, and indeed all the pictures and descriptions are so scrumptious!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home