Friday, December 31, 2004

The end of 2004

A year from now, I couldn't even be bothered with the following:
1. Mr. J - he's obviously not showing any signs of interest in me.
2. Living my life solo and I actually like being a recluse every weekend - I've always felt a sense of shame and guilt whenever people ask me what I'm doing for the weekend.
3. Leaving my old workplace (a huge multinational corporation) with its empty golden career promises and expensive gluttony lunch treats; and coming out on my own.

I'm saying goodbye to the good and the bad of 2004.
The good:
1. Stretching myself, career-wise, by venturing to Singapore for contract work.
2. Taking a chance on Mr. J by calling him out and seeing for myself what's he's really like.
3. Creating healthy habits of drinking red wine and exercising 3 times a week- I have never looked better than before.
4. Finally reading books from the dusty stack of books on my bookshelf, which resulted in a daily reading dose of poetry, essays and the classics.

The bad:
1. Bye, bye Mr. J. - I don't need to hang around him where I'm obviously not going anywhere.

All these years, I've never had New Year's resolution. For I'm already battling with daily resolves to see progress in my career and my life.

So, everybody- may you have a great start to 2005. Hope the next year will be a great year filled with happiness, peace, joy and sucess.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sojourn Traveller.....

Hello dear, read your Blog Posting last month on your "Contract". If you may allow me to leave behind a few soothing words to calm your soul.....

LOVE
If you find yourself in love with someone who does not love you, be gentle with yourself. There is nothing wrong with you. Love just didn't choose to rest in the other person's heart.

There is a reason and there is a meaning. You will know in time.Remember that you don't choose love. Love chooses you. All you can really do is accept it for all its mystery when it comes into your life. Feel the way it fills you to overflowing, then reach out and accept it graciously. If you can't find the love that you sought, give it back to the person who brought it alive in you, even if it is for a short moment.

The first blush of new love is filled to overflowing, but as their love cools, they forget that the secret of love is that it is a gift, and that it can be made to grow only by receving and giving at the same time.

Remember this, and keep it to your heart. Love has its own time, its own seasons, and its own reason for coming and going. You cannot bribe it or coerce it, or reason it into staying. You can only embrace it when it arrives and give it away when it chose to leave you. But if it chooses to leave your heart or from the heart of your love, there is nothing you can do and there is nothing you should do.

Love always has been and always will be a mystery. Be glad that it came to live for a moment in your life. Be gentle with yourself and keep peace with the world.
Take care and warmest reagrds.
bye...

Passing thru....

10:36 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Hello Anonymous traveller..
Thanks for your "Deepak Chopra" advice. But I seriously don't need them for now. Oh, and a happy new year to you.. *hic*

7:32 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Happy New Year Cupcake Queen! And doing your own thing is always good! Go for it!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Thanks, LMD. May your biz prosper this year. :D

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home