Tuesday, April 19, 2005

My best beauty list

I was browsing through InStyle magazine today and came across their "Best Beauty Buys 2005" feature.

Here's my version of "Best Beauty Buys":


Face
1. Non-liquid foundation - Bobbi Brown's Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation in
Sand
2. Cream blush - L'occitane Tinted Shea Butter Balm in Wild Rose
3. Lipstick - Bobbi Brown's Brownie
4. Lipgloss - Bobbi Brown's Buff
5. Lip Balm- Nivea Lip Care
6. Eyebrow filler- Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Sable
7. Facial Cleanser - Cetaphil Cleanser
8. Face Mask- Aesop's Primrose Cleansing Clay Masque
9. Eyelash Curler- Shu Uemura
10. Sunscreen- Skinceuticals Daily Sun Defense
11. Anti-aging skin care- NeoStrata AHA Solution for Oily Skin

Body
1. Body Lotion - Nivea Nourishing Care Lotion
2. Body Soap- Dove
3. Body Scrub - L'oreal Exfotonic

4. Hand Cream- L'occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream & L'occitane Immortelle Hand Cream with SPF 15.
5. Neck Cream- I used to apply Clarins Extra Firming Cream for Neck but found it too pricey. So, I've
found a cheaper alternative- Nivea Skin Oil which works just fine (absorbs easily and smells wonderful)

Hair
12. Shampoo- Schwarzkopf Bonacure Hair & Scalp Remove Shampoo
13. Conditioner- Senscience Inner Conditioner for Coarse Hair
14. Treatment - Keratase Masquintense
15. Hair Styling - Keratase Oleo-Relax

I've been thinking of trying MAC's eyeshadow & mascara. Any recommendations?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto with these:
L'Oreal Exfotonic (heavenly!), L'Occitane Shea Butter Cream and Kerastase hair products! You've got good taste, gurl :-)

Mascara - Try L'Oreal Panoramic Curl - they come in 4 shades OR Maybelline's XXL mascara.

And thanks muchly for the link, my dear :-)

10:40 AM  
Blogger JellyGirl said...

Fun! I'm going to do one on my blog too! I love shopping for beauty products. :) I like the L'oreal Extofotonic and Kerastase hair products too.

No eyeshadow colours from Mac to recommend, but I do like their full range of vivid colours.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

anjali- You're most welcome. I've been keeping up with your blog. Love the "buat donno" entry ;)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

I swear by Lancome's mascara.

Handcream - I love Tisserand's Hand Cream. Smells heavenly.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Loretta C. said...

Hey Cupcake Queen, I don't know if you'll see this -- years after your first post -- but I was a HUGE fan of Senscience Inner Conditioner for Coarse Hair. It was the only conditioner that ever worked for my thick, slightly wavy (for an asian girl) hair.

But then they pulled it, changed it, and I can't deal w/the smell. I tried a few other fancy brands which were terrible and I've been surfing supermarket brands ever since. Have you got a new favorite? My hair is getting dry & sad... :(

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home