Saturday, April 02, 2005

The revival of Brit music

I grew up listening to lots of Brit music- namely The Cure, Joy Division, Pulp, Jesus & The Mary Chain, Depeche Mode and New Order. Their dark, haunting, brooding and moody tunes were what I'd needed to work off my teenage angst. And 0h, I absolutely love to hear deep, sexy Brit male voices that give me an incredible rush.

It's been ages since I've come across any Brit band/music that stopped me in my tracks and had me listening in complete rapture.

Last night, I switched on Channel V's "The Record Store". Suddenly, I heard that undeniably sexy, brooding Brit male voice and that delicious spooky melody. Automatically, I dropped the Marie Claire magazine I was reading. I was completely stunned by the peculiar haunting voice of Johnny Borrell from Razorlight.

Must. Go. Get. Razorlight's album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home