Thursday, March 03, 2005

The lunch I had to had

My last post was the result of my broken agreement to not call Mr. J to lunch. Yah, I did the unimaginable and asked him out to lunch. Simply because I saw 2 signs last week which nudged me to go call the dungu. At first, it was a car number plate with his surname. I thought, Ah well, it's just sheer coincidence. A few days later, I went to KLCC and saw the time as the last 4 digits of his phone number on the parking ticket. Try as hard as I could, I couldn't ignore those signs. Finally, after a few days of feeling restless, I gave in and called him.

It has been a good 3 months since I last saw him. Funnily, I didn't have any expectations on that day. I just wanted to act on those signs and be done and over with the whole thing.

There's still this strange attraction between the both of us and we were flirting with each other. He couldn't stop staring at my hands and even stole a peek to look down at my feet. And ahem, sneaked a glance at my chest. Hah, men think I don't notice their quick, furtive glances but Hello! I DO. At one point, he couldn't stop staring at me and I had to look down at my plate of noodles. I must admit, I, too had this insane need to touch his face and his hair. Imagine what could've happened if one of us made physical contact.

I think it was the yoga I did in the morning which put me in a bloody good mood. Yep, I was feeling mighty good that day. And Mr. J did a double-take when he first saw me. Yeah, like a slight shudder on his face.

And so, I told him of the ridiculous speedating fiasco which Allie conned me into. He panicked a little when I told him I went out with 5 men, and breathed a small sigh of relief when I informed him it all didn't go beyond 1st dates. Soon, he was laughing at my story. We were having a good time. Later, we went for coffee and still had so much to talk about that time flew by real quick.

In the end, it was the lunch I had to had because:
1. Mr. J casually announced that he's gotten back with his girlfriend.
2. And surprisingly, I was relieved and happy for him when he told me that.
3. I realised we both like each other but aren't doing anything about it.
4. All along, I knew his heart wasn't there 100% for me and I was right.
5. I realised it was my lucky break to not have him last year when he was single.
6. His not initiating has nothing to do with me.

Hmm, I think I have reached my final closure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Way to go, girl!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Thx, LMD. I'm really happy for the dungu. Hmm, we'll see what'll happen next.

2:03 PM  
Blogger JellyGirl said...

Yay! Glad to see you have broken Mr J's hold over you!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home