Monday, August 08, 2005

Lamington kisses

Last Saturday, I went to Glenn's apartment to bake lamingtons after we reminisced over our uni days in Down Under. And for weeks after that, he and I were drooling for yummy lamingtons. Anyway, Glenn had to work on that day and he gave me the key to his apartment. Mr. J came along as he wanted to watch an old classic movie "Easy Rider" on Glenn's DVD player.

It's been years since I ate lamingtons and I was really excited about baking them. All week, I've been dreaming and craving for a lamington. So, I went over my collection of Australian Women's Weekly cookbooks and found a recipe for lamingtons. They're really easy to make. Bake a sponge cake and cut into 2 inch squares. Dip the squares in chocolate icing and coat it in desicated coconut. And voila! A perfectly iced lamington.

But icing them in chocolate icing is more like bathing a cake square in chocolate icing and then shaking off the excess icing gently before rolling it in dessicated coconut. It sounds easy but it was really messy. I had to lick the chocolate icing off my fingers before coating the cake square in coconut.


So, there I was in Glenn's kitchen, dipping cake squares in chocolate icing, licking chocolate from my fingers and rolling the chocolate coated cake square in coconut.

After icing about half the lamingtons, Mr. J came to the kitchen to check on me. That day, he looked so handsome in grey t-shirt and blue jeans. When he picked me from my house, I couldn't stop thinking, "Oh my god, he's sooo handsome today!"


We joked about how the cake slices had to take a chocolate bath before drying themselves on dessicated coconut to be lamingtons. It was a silly joke and I couldn't stop giggling when I dipped the next cake slice in chocolate icing. Then, I licked the chocolate icing from my fingers and coated the cake with coconut. He stood quietly watching me iced the cake. He was completely mesmerised.

I merely smiled at him and went on to repeat the 'ice cake-lick chocolate fingers-coat cake with coconut' process. After dipping the cake in chocolate, unexpectedly he took my right hand. Then, he looked at me while his soft lips nibbled my chocolate stained fingers. That was the most sexy sensation I ever had.

There were sparks jumping all over me, all over the ground. I was sparkly all over! His cheeks were flushed and he had this dreamy look on his face. And I thought, "Gal, this is your only chance". Quickly, I put the cake slice back on the kitchen counter.

I tilted my face up to him and kissed his lips. They were so soft and luscious! Just as I had always imagined them to be. And sweet, too! I was swooning in his arms. It was the perfect first kiss! Ahem, he is a mighty fine kisser.

We spent the rest of the afternoon, icing the rest of the cake squares with him licking my fingers and me kissing his lips after he licked my fingers. It was just so fun and erotic. I so wanted to take off his shirt and jeans but didn't want to spoil the spontaneous sexy-fun mood we were in. And I think he had the same thoughts as his hands didn't go beyond my clothes.

Later, when Glenn came home, he found not only a tray of lamingtons, but a note that says "Thanks a million, Glenn. Best lamingtons I've ever baked. XOXO" with my lip print. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

WOOoo HOOoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

*blush*

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home