Friday, August 12, 2005

Searching for Sour Power

Last month, I went to Gleneagles Intan Hospital for a medical checkup. On the way to the clinic, I was craving for KitKat and decided to stop at the chemist.

A cute packaging of a grimacing lion with steam coming out of its ears caught my eye. It says - Sour Power. Wow! Sour candy. Haven't had that in ages. There were apple, strawberry and cola flavours, and I chose my favourite candy flavour - apple.

While waiting in the clinic, I sneakingly ate thin sticks of the apple sour candy. It was a real delight! The sour tingling sensation on my tongue followed by the sweet apple taste was a real treat. To make myself inconspicuous, I had to break the sour candy sticks into tiny pieces, with the packet still in my bag. So, I wouldn't look like an idiot holding a long stick of candy in my mouth and slowly chewing it in. I felt like a child eating sneakingly in a classroom.

I've been craving for them ever since but I can't find them anywhere. I've searched at every candy aisle in every supermarket I've been to - Carrefour, Jusco, Cold Storage, etc. Even checked the cashier counters at newsagents.

Sigh, looks like I'll have to brave the manic traffic at Jalan Ampang to Gleneagle Intan Hospital for my monthly-PMS supply of Sour Candy.


Anyone know where I can get this candy?

2 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

seven eleven, ntuc.

6:19 PM  
Blogger JT said...

in singapore that is!!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home