Friday, January 06, 2006

Afternoon antidote

I hate afternoons, especially after lunch. Between two to four o'clock, my brain goes into shutdown mode and I struggle to get work done.

Over the years, I fought against the heavy afternoon stupor where my lazy procrastinating self emerges from nowhere. I get distracted by a million and one things- reply emails, play online games, make a trip to nearest mall to get really unnecessary things like Nivea body cream and even toothpaste.

After much trial and error, I now have a winning formula that beat the afternoon lethargicness.

1. Have a light lunch - I usually have a bowl of soup and sometimes, a tall, cold glass of tomato juice with a sprinkling of pepper.

2. Drink copious cups of jasmine tea. When really stressed and headachy, camomile tea is especially good in relaxing my tense shoulder blades and calming my frazzled mind.

3. Slather on Jurlique rose hand cream. It has to be Jurlique's rose and nothing else. The rose scent is simply divine and it keeps me going.

4. Blog. Yes, writing one entry gets me back on the track. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger A cupcake or two said...

hey miss cupcake queen, about time i find out what you do! Email the answer to me if you wanna keep it a secret :)

4:24 PM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Jugs of coffee kaww works for me work wonders for me. And I tend to agree with the light lunch :-)

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home