Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Baking reluctance

Last week, I promised my Uncle Richard that I'd bake two cakes for the CNY- flourless chocolate cake with chocolate icing and lemon butter bundt cake.

I'm regretting my decision now, as the weather has been sweltering hot for the past few weeks. And it's no fun, baking in a hot weather and, moreover, with a hot oven churning more heat- I'd be sweating buckets! Besides the two cakes, I've got to bake a huge batch of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies which I give to my cousins and friends.

2 cakes. 300 cookies.

Groan.

What have I gotten myself into?

3 Comments:

Blogger Cowboy Caleb said...

what on earth is a flourless cake?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Ok, baking 101 class begins.

Lesson No.1 - Flourless cake is baked with ground almond/hazelnuts instead of flour.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Cowboy Caleb said...

got such things on this earth?

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home