Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Mad about Bundt

Yesterday evening, I had a good workout session of 45 min weight training- working on my arms and abs, followed by a gruelling one hour uphill walk.

The intense workout session left me high on endrophins. When I came home after the walk, I was all sweaty and raring to do something.

I just had to do SOMETHING!

So, I did what I do best- bake a cake. There was a packet of shredded coconut in the fridge which I'd wanted to get rid of. Although, I wasn't craving for any coconut, I baked a Coconut Cake using a bundt pan.

Bundt pans are fancy tube pans which gives you wreath-shaped cakes. They are especially good for baking butter cakes- lend the cake a festive look with a beautiful, delicious brown crust all over. Check out this website- www.nordicware.com . They have the most exquisite cake pans in the world. My favourite is the rose bundt pan. Imagine, baking a cake that looks so elegant that you'd pause a moment to admire the cake before slicing it!

Unfortunately, NordicWare cake pans aren't sold in this part of the world. Right now, all I can do is visit the website, every now and then, and admire the beautiful cake pans.

Sigh, I wish someone I know will be heading to the US one day, and get me the gorgeous rose bundt pan and mini bouquet bundt pans.


I dream of baking these gorgeous little cakes!
* Pic from Williams-Sonoma website

2 Comments:

Blogger Cowboy Caleb said...

i admire you for admiring such things, lol

2:19 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Oh, yes, on shopping trips, I head for the household dept. first and check out the latest kitchen gadgets and baking pans. I'm a baking nut :P

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home