Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Horoscope freedom

Last week, I made a life-turning decision to quit reading my horoscope predictions - daily, weekly, monthly and yearly. My life was ridiculously astrologised for the past few years. And I was semi-consciously making decisions based on those stupid predictions. Yeah, I was that bodoh to believe all that horoscope nonsense.

I've got to learn to live life with absolute faith, instead of reading monthly horoscope for guidance. It got out of hand when I realised last month, that I couldn't even query for new work because my bloody horoscope told me to be caution on signing new contracts because "mercury is still in retrograde".

All that horoscope bullshit do nothing. When it says this month will be smooth-sailing and easy- my life is same old, same old. When it says this month will be tough and rough- my life is still same old, same old. It also says that Mr. J is my soul mate but he's just another annoying yuppie I know.

Since un-horoscoping my life, I feel 100% clearer about things and my current situation. I mean, life is all about change and constant flux. And although, I know well that no horoscope predictions happen on the dot, I was unconsciously living my life in a "predicatable" way.

I like it this way- living my life without any set of expectations.

2 Comments:

Blogger JellyGirl said...

Good on you, girl! However, I still admit to reading my horoscope whenever I come across it in magazines and newspapers. It's just too much fun, esp the romance parts. "Venus is in your moon and you will be lucky!" bpppth.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Jelly girl- yes, it started off as a fun read which led to an unhealthy dependence on those silly predictions, where I couldn't wait for next month's reading.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home