Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Boring cock year ahead

The whole CNY festivities saw a very tired and sleepy Cupcake Queen. I was dying to go home and crash on my bed during the CNY reunion dinner. On the first day of CNY, I was too exhausted to get up from bed until my fatso 11 year old cousin came to my room to announce his first two angpows were a grand sum of RM200 - "Wah, Jie-jie, I've gotten RM200 angpows already!! Woohoo!!" Little Fatso did a little wriggle dance in sheer happiness.

Later, the whole clan came from KL and Seremban to lunch at my house. I nary said a word, except to quietly accept ang pows and eat the braised abalone, steamed chicken, pig's stomach soup, yee sang, pie tee with popiah, etc. It was a good feast for my seemingly malnourished body. After all the feasting, it was the mandatory gambling session which I won RM20.

The next day, went to Seremban to visit rellies- more eating and more gambling. However, I did something uncharacteristic of my usual self. I finally, stood up to my ill-mannered cousin who begrudgingly told me last year, that I didn't deserve to receive her angpow. Yes, I rejected her angpow and told her in her face that she doesn't have to give me any more angpows. Surprisingly, no one urged me to "forget about last year's incident" and accept her angpow.

This CNY was somewhat subdued and boring. Maybe I'm getting old. I dunno.

Oh, Mr. J called to wish me "gong xi, gong xi" on the first day of CNY. Hmm...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home