Sunday, February 06, 2005

Hungry wolf in the kitchen

This morning, I woke up absolutely famished, and secretly ate some of the CNY goodies -prawn crackers, tapioca chips, nyonya acar and choc chip cookies. My body is craving for food as I type this.

I'm dying of Pre-CNY exhaustion here. During the last 2 weeks, I've been painting doors, baking almost every night (after my mum has gone to bed) and clearing out the junk in my room and not forgetting the CNY shopping for clothes.

Got myself a 50s-inspired retro cheongsam from Tangs Studio. It's white cotton with orange and brown dots, edged with orange piping. I even got myself an orange handbag to match the cheongsam and a pair of black heels from Vincci.

I've been hit by frequent hungry pangs this week. All I can think of is food. Yesterday, I was starving during lunch that I had a whole rack of Moroccan lamb served with couscous and some veggies. It was so good that I want to learn how to make a mean rack of Moroccan lamb. And I had the most delicious green tea noodles at my favourite Japanese restaurant, Ozeki Bistro on Tuesday. I'm still dreaming of those luscious green tea noodles with paper-thin slivers of seaweed!

I'm tired and hungry. All I can think of is what's the next good thing to eat.

Aiyoh! I still got the two cakes to bake. I want to pengsan, already!

5 Comments:

Blogger JellyGirl said...

Sounds like you're all ready for CNY though. Go go go! The end is nearly in sight! And I've been like you too, I've been craving (and eating) lots of cookies and lots of meeeeat. Perhaps it's that time of the month?

9:15 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Oh, yes. It's that Time of the Month but it has never been this bad- feeling ravenously hungry from the moment I wake up. All I think of are KFC, steaks, Japanese Bento set, kobe beef, etc. *salivate*

9:24 AM  
Blogger Cowboy Caleb said...

you ate so many and still craving?

hahaha

9:20 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Yah, I'm now craving for a nice juicy, succulent rib-eye steak :P

10:41 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Yah, I'm now craving for a nice, juicy, succulent grilled rib-eye steak :P

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home