Monday, February 07, 2005

Maximising angpows

This year, I've decided to put my angpows to good use. I, now, have a bigger reason to turn deaf and unashamedly stretch out my hand to annoying aunts and married cousins who threaten to not give me the red packet.

Yes, I'm getting more cookbooks!


"South East Asian Food" by Rosemary Brissenden
"South East Asian Food" is a comprehensive 500-page cookbook which I stumbled upon in Popular Bookstore, Ikano Center a few months back. At first, I was attracted to the cover photo. Browsing through "South East Asian Food", I was absolutely delighted to discover there're no photos inside which means more recipes. I'm somewhat convinced that cookbooks with minimal or no photos are for serious cooks and their recipes work. Plus, I'm been wanting to learn how to cook local, Thai and Vietnamese dishes.



"The Colman's Mustard Cookbook" by Paul Hartley
Yes, seriously, this is a mustard cookbook. I'm a Mustard Queen. I never fail to request for mustard when dining at steakhouses. Colman's mustard is my favourite mustard. The author, Paul Hartley has also written a Marmite cookbook. I do love Marmite but on cream crackers and toasts. Somehow, I don't think Marmite enhances flavour in other foods. Besides mustard, I also love wasabi :P

I can't wait to receive angpows in the next two days!!


2 Comments:

Blogger Mabel said...

But without pictures, how sure can you be if what you're doing turns out as according to the recipe? ^_~

11:55 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

No worries, it's an asian cookbook. So, I know more or less how the recipe will turn out.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home