Monday, February 21, 2005

Post-CNY blues

All the constant eating dried meat, prawn crackers, cookies and 9 course dinners are taking their toll on me. I've been sluggish, tired and headachy the past week. And I looked a little chubby from CNY photos- yikes!

Better do yoga in the morning, weights + walks in the evenings and start cooking vegetarian meals.

Last monday, Lia called to ask if we'd like to call off our weekly meet as it was Valentine's Day. "Oh, I didn't know today's Valentine's day," I told her. "Aiya, you never celebrate, meh?" "Nope!" was my reply.

Yeah, I've never bothered. For some reasons, I've never celebrated V-day with my exs. Plus, during the 2nd week of February, I'm usually pre-occupied with my mother's birthday as her birthday falls a few days after Feb 14. This year, I baked mum a chocolate almond torte with chocolate icing. I even made chocolate leaves to decorate the cake. And placed a purple orchid on top of the leaves.

Mr. J's birthday is this week and I wonder if I should call him and tell him I'll bake him a birthday cake.

Sigh, why do I bother, really?

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

I won't stop you from baking him a cake, as long as you add some laxatives to it.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

Can oso.. The dungu will have the most memorable birthday cake ever.. nyak-hahahaha

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home