Monday, April 25, 2005

Desperately seeking Moses

Today I had an unbelievably maddening day - last-minute changes for work, last minute lunch cancellations, too many bad drivers on the road. I knew I was in for a lousy day when I woke up feeling out of sorts.

So, I decided to seek my antidote for a bad day - a visit to my hair stylist, Moses at Jantzen Hair Salon, Midvalley Megamall. I was really looking forward to see him as my last hair cut was in December last year. He's not only my hair stylist but my confidant who listens attentively to my woes on men. I couldn't wait to tell him all about my last lunch episode with Mr. J. While driving to Midvalley, I could see Moses, in my mind, laughing and being happy for me as I update him on Mr.J .

But, when I arrived at Jantzen, the receptionist told me blankly that Moses has migrated to Sydney, Australia three months ago. At that very moment, my face fell and my heart dropped to the floor.

With much reluctance, I settled for a stylist named Holly. Nevertheless, I'm happy with my hair cut- not too many layers chopped off and a teeny trim on my fringe. I left Jantzen looking and feeling brand-new. But I miss the easy client-stylist relationship, the easy banter, the confiding, the gossiping.

Once, I had a bad sore throat, Moses went to the Chinese Medicine Hall downstairs and got me some herbal tea, specially brewed for heatiness and sore throat. Sigh, it's the little things that count.

I'm missing him here, real bad. Yes, I miss my hair-stylist who never fails to smile with a mischievous twinkle in his eye, who is the only guy I know who wears a cap and look so right in it.

Ah, well. I wish him a successful career and a better life in Sydney. I hope he becomes a top hair-stylist in Australia.

I'm still miffed as I didn't get to say goodbye to him. I had wanted to give him my chocolate chip cookies for the CNY; which I never did.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cupcake Queen said...

It's obvious, isn't it? Yes, he's my gay hairstylist.

5:12 PM  
Blogger JellyGirl said...

Unfortunately whenever I hear the name Moses now, I think about the little doggie that got flushed down the loo in Meet the Fockers. hee.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to get my hair done by Moses at Jantzens as well. He's simply fabulous isn't he? Anyway, managed to trace him down in Toni & Guy, Sydney. Was mad enough to call and say a quick Hi. Thought you might like to as well.

He's at the World Square salon in George Street ph :+ 61 2 92645533

4:35 PM  
Blogger Bel said...

I had a bad hair cut today, so bad that I cried (at home). And I thought of Moses, my favourite hair stylist who has left Jantzen for Australia. Somehow i typed his name and Jantzen and came across your blog. He is simply the best hair stylist. I really miss him.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home